Face it — life is busy!
The world is constantly changing with new technology and discoveries that keep us on our toes – not to mention our own never ending ups and downs. We are in perpetual motion!
Unfortunately, our world is also full of distractions that make it hard to be in the moment. Our lengthy to-do lists and personal challenges often keep us from enjoying the present moment. Over time, this will wear you down and can lead to unnecessary stress. Thankfully, there’s a simple way to overcome this problem; get crafty with beads, animal stencils, and more!
Craft Activities Requiring Focus Brings Benefits
Whatever challenges you face, practicing mindfulness will help center and anchor you to the present moment. This process will help remove the stress from your daily life and bring more joy to the tasks you have to accomplish. Whether your knit, quilt, paint, stencil, or bead … crafting calms the nerves, increases problem solving, and develops focus.
Benefits of crafting:
- Builds self-confidence
- Provides a sense of accomplishment
- Improves anxiety and coping skills
- Reduces stress
Sharing Activities Build Relationships
There are many ways to be mindful when you’re alone, but it’s always nice to be able to share those moments with the important people in your life. Getting crafty is a simple and fun way to enjoy time with others while spending quality time with yourself.
Ways to Get Crafty
There are a handful of ways getting creative can help you practice mindfulness and reduce stress. If you experience anxiety from racing thoughts, diverting your focus to a creative project is a great way to start. A project that needs your undivided attention will keep you from fixating on your worry and give your brain a chance to relax.
- Beadwork and jewelry-making is a wonderful past-time to create something beautiful for you or someone you love. Crafting may even take you into your next career as it did for Lejoi, who now creates custom jewelry for Brave Chick.
- Quilting and knitting are both exceptional options for relieving stress and providing something warm to enjoy during cool winter months. Geneva enjoys t-shirt quilting so much that she has taken it to a new level, making quilts from just about any fabric including those with zippers, pockets, collars and bows.
- Stenciling items such as invitation cards or even furniture, walls, and outdoor fencing is a great way to relieve stress and pretty up your home. Kathy found the craft of stenciling so rewarding, that she partnered with a local artist to create uniquely designed stencils for every use. She offers a wide variety of border stencils, large wall stencils, and animal stencils, including dog stencils, bear stencils, horse stencils, and more!
So break out the brushes, needles, and beads and take control and make something to make yourself happy, proud, and healthier. Wither it’s with beads or animal stencils, it’s time to get crafty!
Latest posts by Allison Febrey (see all)
- Looking Into The Prop Industry Of The United States - February 10, 2019
- So Many Different Options to Plan Your Wedding with Less Stress - February 5, 2019
- Main Types of Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Tapes - January 22, 2019
- Three Great Reasons to Love Fall!
- Choosing The Right Type Of Tape For Your Archival Needs
- How to Preserve Important Family Photos and Artifacts
- What Custom Packaging Is Right For Your Cannabis Products?
- 3 Personalized Jewelry Pieces to Give to Someone for the Holidays
- How to Spot Fake Sea Glass From a Mile Away
- Typical Fees Added When You Buy Tickets Online
- Linen rental dc —- Watch
- Contemporary art prints —- WATCH VIDEO
- Art galleries in nyc —- FREE VIDEO