This country loves celebrity news and celebrity gossip more so than many other countries. It doesn’t matter if you follow urban news, the online gossip columns, or even the most prestigious news sources, our population wants to know the latest hollywood scoop and can find all sorts of ways to get it. Not only are people interested in the lives and happenings of celebrities, but they also want to know what they support. In fact, nearly 50 percent of adults believe that celebrities can make a positive difference for issues they choose to promote. The good news is that in America, we have dozens of celebrities who take their fame seriously and use it for as much good as they can. Below are a few of the African American celebrities who do exactly this:
1. Oprah Winfrey - Oprah Winfrey might be the most well known African American celebrity alive today. Her television show, The Oprah Winfrey Show, aired for 25 seasons, had an audience of 10 million people, and grossed $125 million by the end of its first year. Not only is Oprah a phenomenal entertainer, but she is a passionate philanthropist who has given countless amounts of money to people all across the world in order to better themselves.
2. Beyonce and Jay Z - These two are one of Hollywood’s favorite power couples. With Beyonce having a net worth of $450 million and her husband, Jay-Z being worth $650 million, the couple is collectively worth $1 billion. They have both been highly successfully musically, Beyonce has been cast in several motion pictures, and Jay-Z has helped other rappers like himself create successful albums as a producer. Both Beyonce and Jay-Z came from humble roots, but they have set themselves apart as generous celebrities who are passionate about certain causes.
3. Will Smith - Will Smith is also incredibly talented and revered as a generous and passionate celebrity. Not only is he one of Hollywood’s most highly paid actors, but the majority of his films have grossed over $100 million at the box office. Will Smith may have only started in urban news circles, but he is now followed by every major news outlet that has the chance. He and his wife are constantly speaking out for things they believe in.
Whether you strictly read your local newspaper, urban news sources, online headlines, or watch the talking heads, you are likely to see something about one of the four people listed above at least once a week. The next time you see a story about one of them, stop and take a quick glance; odds are that they are doing something good for some person or cause that means something to them.
Latest posts by Allison Febrey (see all)
- Looking Into The Prop Industry Of The United States - February 10, 2019
- So Many Different Options to Plan Your Wedding with Less Stress - February 5, 2019
- Main Types of Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Tapes - January 22, 2019