The United States boasts having more people whe enjoy skateboarding in the world. About half of the more than 11 million people who claim to enjoy skateboarding live here. If you are looking to get into the sport or just want to try a new way to get around, you may be looking for a motorized longboard. You have a lot of options and may not know how to start. These tips can help.The United States boasts having more people whe enjoy skateboarding in the world. About half of the more than 11 million people who claim to enjoy skateboarding live here. If you are looking to get into the sport or just want to try a new way to get around, you may be looking for a motorized longboard. You have a lot of options and may not know how to start. These tips can help.
- Think about how skilled you are at the sport. It is easy to gauge your skill level when you are a total newbie but it becomes a little more challenging if you have been skateboarding for a while. People who are new to skateboarding may want to look at more basic motorized longboards. These are going to cost less and be a bit less scary. These are generally single wheel drive models. They can make it easier to avoid injury. Before you get any new electric skateboard, you need to think through how good at this you actually are. If you are a pro, the more advanced models may be more for you. Look at models with dual wheel tracks. There are even some that are made for off road usage. The key here is to know your limits.
- Look at your terrain. It is important to know what kind of terrain you will riding over. If you are in a city and riding will be mostly on flat surfaces, most models will work for you. If, however, you will be going up and down the hills of San Francisco or over more rough terrain, you are going to want to look at more advanced motorized longboards. If you are just getting started with this sport, you may want to get a more basic model and find a place to practice.
- Look at the climate where you will use the board. If you are in a wet, rainy place like Seattle, you have to take care with your motorized longboard. Electricity and water do not play well together but there are electric skateboards that are water resistant. Just make sure you take into considerations all of the conditions you will be riding in when you pick your board. You may also want to talk to the salespeople about what you should know about using a power skateboard in dry and dusty conditions. There may be accessories you should consider to keep the dust from damaging your board.
- Think about how you are going to use your board. People use their motorized longboards for a number of things. They can be great for commuters.They can be great for hobbyists. If you know you are going a set distance, you need to make sure your power skateboard will have the juice to get you the whole way. If you have plans to travel by plane with your motorized longboard, make sure you can stow it in the luggage compartment. New regulations have been put on the batteries that are allowed on planes. andnbsp;
Whether you are totally new to the world of skateboarding or have been using one for decades, it is always a good idea to think about safety. When you are riding on the road, you really have to be careful about the traffic around you. Unfortunately, most drivers are not always paying attention to what is going on around them. So you need to be extra diligent about watching for them. Wearing protective gear such as a helmet and pads can make a big difference for you if you are in an accident.
There is a reason so many people enjoy getting out on a motorized longboard, it is fun! Get the right one for you, you can get in on the action.
Latest posts by Allison Febrey (see all)
- Five Things Not to Do When Buying An Electric Skateboard - January 15, 2018
- 4 Tips for Finding the Right Motorized Longboard - December 12, 2017
- Skateboarding The Counter Culture Movement - December 7, 2017